Selecting a SlimCado
The right “give” that matches when and how you’ll be enjoying this tropical avocado, the SlimCado
- Don’t judge by color. SlimCados remain green as they ripen.*
- Pick it up!
- Hard? Ready for slicing in 3 to 5 days. Ready for mashing in 4 to 7 days.
- Gives to a gentle squeeze? Ready for slicing. Ready for mashing in 2 to 3 days.
- Really gives? Ready for mashing. Enjoy within 1 to 2 days.
- Scratches or small imperfections on a SlimCado (or any fruit, for that matter) is usually from the avocado blowing in the wind rubbing up against branches and twigs. Hass’ skin is so dark and pebbly that scratches aren’t readily noticeable.
*There are 2 exceptions to this rule,
- the Hardee avocado which turns a brownish red
- Beneke avocados which turn dark green.