Merchandising Solo papaya
For our retailers and wholesalers
Ethylene Production & Sensitivity: High
Shelf Life: Once ripe, the papaya should be used within two to three days.
Brooks Availability: Year-round
Brooks Origin: Brazil
Storage Temperature: 50° – 55°F
Storage Humidity: 85% – 95%
Solo papayas just need an introduction. Consumers want to know what they look like inside and how Solos are…
- Easy and simple to enjoy as a snack. One slice of the fruit, one slice of lime and it’s snack sublime.
- Delish as a dish that can hold almost anything inside.
- A nutritious way to add great taste to any snack, breakfast, side or dessert.
Let the ready-to-go department do some of the work for you. Wrap that Solo half with a slice of lime and a sprinkle of other fruit for a snack. Add a spoon to that package and it might be someone’s addition to lunch.
Showing other fruit inside a Solo boost sales of both fruits. The same for anything creamy from yogurt to coleslaw to ice cream. That Solo shows up at almost any meal or snack time.
The best signage…
- Shows 1 whole Solo and 2 halves in front. 1 half with a slice of lime and the other half with other fruits inside.
- Touts how this is a sweet fruit.
- Tells when it’s ripe, starting at 50% yellow when it gives to a gentle squeeze.
Case counts: 6-12 counts
Net box weight: 8.8 -10#
Pallet count: 144