For our retailers and wholesalers
Caribbean Red papaya
Ethylene Production and Sensitivity: High
Shelf Life: Once 100% yellow, the papaya should be enjoyed within two to three days.
Storage: 50° – 55°F
Humidity: 85% – 95%
Caribbean Red papayas deserve at least 3 spots.
- This big fruit is hard to miss. It’s size and gorgeous color easily signals the tropical or specialty section in your store.
- Slice this papaya in half. Package it with a spoon and a slice of lime for the perfect snack. Your customer who needs less than a whole fruit will also appreciate it. This fruit’s a favorite for breakfast and lunch on-the-go.
- If you’re serving smoothies, make sure your menu has a couple of tropical treats. Caribbean Reds brings a sweet taste to any frozen concoction.
- Form a skirt around the melons with Caribbean Red papayas. This papaya a perfect addition to any fruit salad your customer makes themself or that they pick up in your ready-to-go section.
- “Bang for your buck” displays showing how we can get the most bang out of our produce bucks are fun with Caribbean Red papayas deserving a spot.
Show what the consumer needs to know (in priority order)
- Like a melon, Caribbean Red papaya has a sweet taste and aroma.
- Once 50% yellow and it gives to a gentle squeeze, it’s ripe. Enjoy within a day of two after the fruit is fully yellow.
- This fruit’s pinkish flesh contains papain, an enzyme which helps digestion.
- Cut open and enjoy by the spoonful. Or slice or cut to add to salads – fruit or leaf.
- This fruit is NOT GMO.
Case counts: 7-15
Pallet count: 54 boxes