a squirt with a nutritional punch
The juice of one lime weighing 67 grams has:
- Calories: 20
- Total fat: 0.01g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 1.3mg
- Total carbohydrates 7.1g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein: 0.5g
Other lime benefits
- Digestion Lime’s soluble fiber can slow digestion helping to stabilize your blood sugar.
- Healthy cholesterol levels are supported with lime’s soluble fiber that comes in the form of pectin.
- The heart isn’t forgotten. Rich in vitamin C, limes can help reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. The potassium in limes also helps lower blood pressure.
- Noted as having strong cancer-preventing properties, naringenin is a flavonoid found in limes.
- Kidney stones don’t like citrus acid. Limes have citrus acid helping to stop stones from forming.
- Our skin loves limes. Lime’s vitamin C helps produce collagen, a protein known to help prevent skin’s wrinkling.
- Limes’ vitamin C can help boost your immune system helping to reduce the duration of your cold.