A nutritional look at the SlimCado
Avocado is a healthy fruit to eat.
While other fruits are heavy into carbohydrates, avocados have a lot of fat, healthy fat.
The health benefits of eating this healthy fat outweigh eating the inescapable fact that it is fat.
SlimCados, as the name more than hints, have less fat and fewer calories. It is not a super large hass avocado. SlimCados have a light, creamy almost buttery avocado taste you can enjoy as an occasional alternative in your guac or to top your toast and as the avocado of choice for salads and more.
Avocado health benefits
- A wide variety of nutrients, including 20 different vitamins and minerals. High on the list: folate, potassium and vitamins B5, B6, C, and K. Smaller amounts of magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorous and vitamins A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin).
- It’s low-carb fruit with 9 grams of carbs that are mostly fiber. This avocado is loaded with fiber, about 7% by weight.
- No cholesterol, no sodium and low in saturated fat.
- For potassium, peel a banana or cut open a SlimCado. The two rival each other for delivering the most potassium.
- Avocado’s monounsaturated fatty acids are considered heart-healthy. The fatty acids are mostly oleic acid which is also found in olive oil.
- Helpful in absorbing nutrients, like vitamins A, D, E and K and antioxidants like carotenoids, that need to be combined with fat to be utilized.
- Avocados have powerful antioxidants including carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin, both important for eye health.
SlimCados are nutrient-loaded and taste incredible.