For our retailers and wholesalers
SlimCado, the tropical avocado
Ethylene Production & Sensitivity: High
Shelf Life: Generally one week. Once ripe, the avocado should be enjoyed within one to two days
Brooks Availability: June – January
Brooks Origin: Florida and Dominican Republic
Storage Temperature: 42° – 48°F, do not store below 40°F
Storage Humidity: 85%-95%
Display logistics: Display enough to sell in one day roughly 15-30 pieces (depending on the traffic in your store). When replenishing, rotate any remaining fruit to the front. The display’s front should contain the ripest fruit.
Ideas: The tropical avocado, SlimCado has a light creamy taste that’s perfect for displays highlight salads, snacks, power shakes, and of course, guacamole.
Make sure this avocado has room in both your avocado/tomato section and the tropical section. And give it room for any avocado toast grouping. With a lighter taste, fewer calories it makes a nutritious toast topper.
Show what the consumer needs to know (in priority order)
- SlimCados are not GMO, Brooks has been growing them since 1924.
- This Caribbean avocado has a light great avocado taste with a nutty touch.
- These avocados stay green as they ripen (except for Hardees). Give them a gentle squeeze. If they give a little they’re ready for your salads and snacks. If they give a lot, get the chips out. There’s a great guacamole to be had.
- Grown in Southern Florida and the Dominican Republic. Show the Fresh from Florida logo when from Southern Florida.
- SlimCados too have the good fat. But all fat, even good fat, should be eaten in moderation. With SlimCados you can enjoy more avocado for your healthy eating.
- More about SlimCado nutrition….
Flats: 7,8,9 Doubles: 14,16,18
Flats: 10,12,14 Doubles: 20, 24, 28
Flats: 16,18,20,24 Doubles: 32,36,40,48
Overall net weights and pallet counts
145 boxes per pallet
75 boxes per pallet
33.5 -36 lbs.
50 boxes per pallet