Groovy Coconut nutrition
First things first, fresh coconuts are high in saturated fat. But, and this is a big but, they are also a good source of minerals and fiber.
Groovy Coconuts are known to have
- Significant amounts of iron and potassium
- Cholesterol-free and low in sodium
- Relatively few carbs, so it’s okay for low-carb diets. With a high-fat content, it’s considered ideal for ketogenic diet plans.
- A considerable amount of dietary fiber
- Plant-based saturated fat which varies from the saturated fat found in meat and chocolate. The difference appears to have less effect on your high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol. The saturated fats in coconut tend to break down faster and accumulate less in the bloodstream than the fatty acids found in meat. However, coconut’s saturated fats will increase LDL levels as much as those in meat and butter.
- Plant-based protein equaling about half the amount of protein in an equal serving of tofu.
- A considerable amount of essential minerals like manganese, copper, selenium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, zinc.
- Vitamins, smaller amounts of B vitamins such as folate and thiamine.