All about limes
Taste: Persian limes are known for their tart taste.
Selection: Limes should look fresh, not leathery or shriveled at the stem end. Avoid those with a brownish circle at the pointed end or any pitted areas, indicating rot or dryness. More…
Ripen: Is this lime ripe?
Store: at room temperature
Growing: Mexico, Guatemala and Colombia
In the know
More versatile than salt
NO RECIPE NEEDED! Almost any recipe can be enhanced with a squirt of lime, beverages too!
- Limes play well with other flavors and usually provide coherence to a recipe’s overall taste.
- Zero in on a slice of meat, poultry, fish, fruit or veggie. Lime makes its taste soar.
- Accent that dressing with a dash a lime before tossing into a salad or dish. Go Latino and toss that salad with only squirts of a couple of limes.
- Side dishes, the name screams boring, squirt some lime excitement into that creamy salad or veggie toss.
- A sugary dessert can lose its actual flavor without a squirt of lime for contrast.
- Think about it. The same amazing fruit makes a huge difference when you’re sick at home or partying the night away. A warm tea to chase a cold brings even more relief with a squirt of lime. Your favorite party drink doesn’t taste right without a squirt of lime.
- Limes can also star in a dish, lime recipes await…
How to select
It’s all about picking the juiciest. The greener the better? Not necessarily.
Tips for getting the juiciest of limes.
This citrus adds both a tasty squirt to almost any dish or drink AND a powerful nutritional punch to your healthy eating.
Leave no juice behind! Get the most out of each and every lime by slicing a bit differently. See how…
Sitting on the edge or emerged in the drink itself, limes are popular garnishes. Some ideas to try…
Making aqua limon
The body needs water to survive. Let’s add some sparkle to that water with a squirt of lime.
Just a couple of steps more make the best lime water or aqua limon.